Bring some joy and fun to your Easter table, and make mini-beef pot pies inspired by a Pub classic.
Pub-Style Beef Pot Pies in Muffin Tins
Who doesn’t love pot pie! This quick and easy recipe comes to us from 31 Daily (www.31daily.com) and is perfect for an appetizer or a quick main course. (image courtesy of 31daily.com)
2 refrigerated pie crusts, 9 inches
3/4 lb. lean ground beef (or pork or turkey)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
5 strips cooked bacon, chopped
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 eggs, beaten, divided
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, mixed vegetables, cooked bacon, flour, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and 1 egg. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Cut twelve 4-inch circles from the refrigerated pie crusts. Re-roll the scraps as necessary. Then cut twelve 2-inch circles for the tops of the meat pies. Re-roll the scraps as necessary.
- Begin by lining the bottom of the muffin tins with the 4-inch dough circle (a dough tamper makes this super fast). Divide the meat filling evenly among the 12 cups. Usually about 2 tablespoons of filling per muffin cup. Top with the 2-inch circles and pinch to seal.
- Using a fork, prick the tops of the pies. Brush the remaining beaten egg over the top of the meat pie crust. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the muffin tins.