Florida Cobb Salad
Chicken breasts are the star of this truly classic taste of Americana! This Fresh From Florida version (freshfromflorida.com) allows you to switch out the traditional bleu cheese for a cheese of your choice.
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 Florida avocado, thinly sliced
1 Florida tomato, sliced thick
1 chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes and skewered
4 strips of bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
2 boiled eggs, cut into quarters
4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2/3 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar or your favorite sweetener
Oil for cooking
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Carefully place 2-3 pieces of chicken onto skewers, season with salt and pepper, and set aside. Preheat a large sauté pan and add 1 tablespoon oil. Cook chicken for 6 to 8 minutes or until completely cooked through, and set aside.
- Prepare vinaigrette by whisking together red wine vinegar, mustard, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Compose salad by arranging the chicken, avocado, tomatoes, bacon, boiled eggs, and bleu cheese over the romaine lettuce. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and serve immediately.
- Fresh Tip from Fresh From Florida: You can swap the bleu cheese with the cheese of your choice.
- Recipe can be found on Fresh From Florida’s website: https://www.followfreshfromflorida.com/recipes/florida-cobb-salad