Florida Fried Chicken Cutlets
The Quintessential Sunday country dinner! This dish, courtesy of Fresh From Florida (freshfromflorida.com), would be perfect with a simple garden salad and a side of mashed potatoes!
4 chicken cutlets or chicken breasts pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp. your favorite all-purpose seasoning
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
Oil for cooking
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add enough oil for shallow frying. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 shallow dishes for the breading station: Combine flour and 1 tablespoon of all-purpose seasoning in the first; season beaten eggs with salt and pepper in the second dish; mix together Panko, 1 tablespoon of all-purpose seasoning and parsley in the third.
- Coat the chicken with flour, then dip into the egg wash, then into the Panko. Repeat steps until all the chicken is breaded.
- il should be 350 to 375 degrees F for proper shallow frying. Add breaded chicken to the hot oil. Do not crowd skillet. Cook until internal meat temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Lay chicken in a paper towel-lined sheet pan until all chicken has been cooked.
- Serve warm with Florida Avocado, Corn, and Cucumber salad (link to recipe is below).
- Recipes can be found on Fresh From Florida’s website: https://www.followfreshfromflorida.com/recipes/florida-fried-chicken-cutlets https://www.followfreshfromflorida.com/recipes/florida-avocado-corn-and-cucumber-salad