Florida Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice
If you want good Asian takeout without ever leaving the house, this recipe, courtesy of Fresh From Florida (freshfromflorida.com) may be just what you’re looking for! The best part: You only need one sturdy sauté pan to make this entire meal.
2 (8-oz.) Florida Chicken Breast
1 bell pepper, any color
1 cup cabbage, sliced thin
6 mushrooms, sliced thin
2 cups fresh spinach
3 cups cooked rice, white or brown
2 green onions, sliced thin
2 garlic cloves, minced
2-3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
3-4 tablespoons olive oil, for cooking
Chili sauce or sriracha (optional)
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preparation: Cook rice according to package directions and set aside. Dice the chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces and store in the refrigerator until ready to cook. Prepare and slice all the vegetables and set aside. Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic, and set aside.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Beat two eggs and scramble, then set aside. Next, season the diced chicken with salt and pepper and sauté for 6 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and sauté the carrots for one or two minutes. Add the bell peppers and cabbage, season with salt and pepper, and cook for an additional two minutes. Remove the vegetables and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add a small amount of olive oil and sauté the mushrooms, green onions, and spinach. Add this to the rest of the cooked chicken and vegetables.
- Lastly, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan and stir-fry the rice until it is slightly crisp; add the scrambled eggs and combine. Pour in the soy sauce mixture and stir to combine. Serve chicken and vegetables over fried rice in a large bowl.
- Recipe can be found on Fresh from Florida’s website: https://www.followfreshfromflorida.com/recipes/florida-broccoli-and-chicken-casserole