Florida Broccoli and Chicken Casserole
This creamy casserole is sure to become a family favorite! Another favorite from Fresh from Florida (freshfromflorida.com)!
2 Florida chicken breasts (6 ounces each), diced
3 cups broccoli florets, blanched
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tbsp. all-purpose seasoning
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
2-1/2 cups of your favorite cheese
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
Dash of hot sauce
Squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter in skillet. Season chicken with all-purpose seasoning and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle mixture with all-purpose flour and stir, cooking to mix. Slowly add in heavy cream and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Reduce to simmer and add 2 cups of the shredded cheese, along with the cream cheese. Add hot sauce and lemon juice.
- Stir and pour into an 8-inch square baking dish. Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and add the remaining shredded cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Recipe can be found on Fresh from Florida’s website: https://www.followfreshfromflorida.com/recipes/florida-broccoli-and-chicken-casserole