Florida Beef, Vegetable and Pasta Casserole
Here’s another delicious stick-to-your-ribs recipe, courtesy of Fresh from Florida (freshfromflorida.com)! Packed with lean ground beef and veggies, this dish is bound to keep you warm and cozy, even in the craziest weather!
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 pint mushrooms, sliced thin
1 zucchini, diced medium
1 yellow squash, diced medium
1 lb. your favorite pasta
2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped fine
1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped fine
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1-1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp. oil. for cooking
1 tsp. your favorite all-purpose seasoning
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare pasta shy of al dente, drain and set aside.
- In a saucepot, add the milk, heavy cream, butter, and all-purpose seasoning. Bring to a simmer and add the Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese; stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat a sauté pan on medium-high heat; season and brown ground beef, draining excess oil. Next, sauté the vegetables until crisp-tender. In a large bowl, combine the cooked beef, sautéed vegetables, cooked pasta, fresh herbs, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, and mix.
- Place into a buttered casserole dish and pour the cheese sauce over the mixture. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Recipe can be found on Fresh from Florida’s website: https://www.followfreshfromflorida.com/recipes/florida-beef-vegetable-and-pasta-casserole