A variation on a theme, using chicken instead of chipped beef.
1 rotisserie chicken, skinned & boned, chopped into bite-size pieces
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
4 slices of toast
Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in flour until completely combined.
- Slowly whisk in milk; raise heat to medium heat and stir frequently until first bubbles appear.
- Reduce heat back to medium-low and add chicken. Continue to cook until the cream sauce thickens.
- Season with salt & pepper and serve over toast.